8 Energy Conservation Hacks
Energy conservation is a very sensitive topic at the moment. If we keep on using up the non-renewable resources of energy at the current rate, we will soon exhaust it all. This is why we need to get off our butts and save energy.
Here are some of the hacks by which you can save energy:
- Running your air conditioning at 24 degree celsius saves about 6% of the energy and money which is definitely a better option if you keep it on for long hours.
- Having pretty plants in the house is not just for decoration. When placed strategically, they can help in saving up to INR 600 bucks yearly.
- On an average, 20 percent of the heated or cooled air escapes through the home duct system.
- Keeping lamps or TV sets near the air conditioner causes the conditioner to use more energy than usual. Keeping them at a distant from the A.C is a better option.
- Use low wattage Gorilla fans to save up to 65 percent of the energy and money.
- Use microwaves and toasters instead of ovens to conserve energy and save money.
- Unplug and shut down your laptops and PCs instead of leaving them on a standby mode. Believe it or not, a lot of power is consumed when appliances are plugged in for no reason.
- Heating water at home using geysers and electric rods consume a lot of power. Keeping them on the warm setting and low temperature saves some amount of energy.
These miniature steps to save energy will make a big difference altogether.