Can You Guess Which The First Digital State In India Is?
This is why Kerala is the first digital state in India:
- Kerala has an internet access of over 60 percent and a mobile coverage of about 95 percent which is the highest among all the states in India.
- This state has the highest record of digital banking which are linked to Aadhar card and e-governance.
- In the past few years, Kerala has achieved 100 percent mobile connectivity and 75 percent internet literacy.
- Broadband connectivity has been distributed in the Panchayat level too.
- There are more than 600 e-governance applications which cover all the departments of the state.
- Kerala is the first state to successfully link its villages with broadband under the National Optical Fiber Network programme.
- Besides NOFN programme, the state government has also started two digital projects – Akshaya and IT@School.
- There are more than 9,000 ATMs in Kerala now.
Apart from being the first digital state in India, it has achieved 100 percent literacy and two towns have no air pollution at all. This state has set a benchmark for all the other states in terms of energy conservation too.