Fan V/S AC: Which One’s Better?
Air conditioners basically use refrigeration to lower the temperature through a process known as ‘Phase Conversion’ which means that the liquid absorbs heat when it converts to gas. This is how it gives out cold air as per the set temperature.
Fans on the other hand, do not decrease the temperature of the room. They just add velocity to the air and helps in blowing away the hot air already present in the room.
Now, let’s compare fans and air conditioners:
- Fans are way cheaper to run as compared to ACs.
- ACs make the air dry by removing the humidity and warmth from it which fans fail to do.
- Air conditioners decrease the air temperature which fans fail to do.
- Fans do not blow cool air uniformly like ACs do.
- Air conditioners cannot function properly in open areas whereas, fans can be used everywhere.
When it’s literally burning outside, fans fail to do what an air conditioner can. But we all know that an air conditioner not only uses up a lot of energy but also costs us a huge chunk of money. Some of us are pretty blessed with wealth to afford living in an air conditioned house and some of us aren’t, yet. But it’s not all about the money in today’s generation where the priority should be energy conservation.
Fans do save us more money than what air conditioners can and the best way to save more energy and money is to use low wattage Gorilla fans. These fans by Atomberg use BLDC technology to save up to 65 percent of the energy and money.