“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”
Here are the various ways in which you can do some #EnergySavings:
- In winter, use thick heavy curtains to cover the windows and doors to keep the in-house temperature warm naturally instead of having to use electrical heaters.
- Do not keep your laptops or computers on stand-by mode. Shut them instead.
- Replace the #lights with low energy LED lights.
- Use a microwave instead of an oven. They save up to 50% of the #energy.
- Have an hour of darkness every day. Don’t use any form of energy for 60 minutes. Be it the electricity or the water supply, just give it a rest. You’ll be surprised by the amount of energy and money one can save in just an hour.
- Make sure all the leaking taps are fixed because gallons of water can be wasted drop by drop in about a month!
- Carpool with your friends and family members if your destinations are close by. And some gossip on the go will harm nobody.
- Use #EnergyEfficient home appliances such as the Low Wattage Atomberg Fan which save up to 65% of the electricity and money.
- Use dishwashers on eco-mode instead of having a running tap to wash utensils every day. Dishwashers use less amount of water to clean a large amount of utensils in a short span of time.
- Recycle batteries instead of buying new ones and throwing away the used ones.
These small #changes in our daily habits will lead to a big one and will not only benefit our society but the whole world.