Energy conservation is a very sensitive topic at the moment. If we keep on using up the non-renewable resources of energy at the current rate, we will soon exhaust it all. This is why we need to get off our butts and save energy.
Get Free Installation*
Here are some of the hacks by which you can save energy:
- Running your air conditioning at 24 degree celsius saves about 6% of the energy and money which is definitely a better option if you keep it on for long hours.
- Having pretty plants in the house is not just for decoration. When placed strategically, they can help in saving up to INR 600 bucks yearly.
- On an average, 20 percent of the heated or cooled air escapes through the home duct system.
- Keeping lamps or TV sets near the air conditioner causes the conditioner to use more energy than usual. Keeping them at a distant from the A.C is a better option.
- Use low wattage Atomberg fans to save up to 65 percent of the energy and money.
- Use microwaves and toasters instead of ovens to conserve energy and save money.
- Unplug and shut down your laptops and PCs instead of leaving them on a standby mode. Believe it or not, a lot of power is consumed when appliances are plugged in for no reason.
- Heating water at home using geysers and electric rods consume a lot of power. Keeping them on the warm setting and low temperature saves some amount of energy.
These miniature steps to save energy will make a big difference altogether.