Ceiling fan is by default the most used appliance at your home. People are not aware of how much power does ceiling fan consume. An antique and old fan might give a home an antique finish but it can actually result in an additional expense of upto Rs 200 per fan every month.
Ceiling fan is a commonly used house hold appliance. People usually neglect ceiling fan and focus on lightings to save electricity, but the fact is ceiling fan consumes more power than the lightings. Precisely a normal T12 tubelight consumes around 55 watts, whereas a old ceiling fan consumes around 80 to 90 watts.
Ceiling Fan Power Consumption is the draw in watts of the ceiling fan on the highest speed excluding the light fixture. The power consumption of a ceiling fan depends on the size and type of motor used in ceiling fan. An ordinary ceiling fan would consume more power as compared to Energy Efficient Ceiling Fan.
To help people make electricity consumption as deciding factor and reduce their electricity bill, we have listed below selected brands in India based on their power consumption.
- 20 to 32 Watt Ceiling FansTypically Energy Star, BLDC or DC Motor ceiling fans are going to be found in this category. These fans consume drastically less energy than any other ceiling fans in the market. Low power consumption means more savings in Electricity.Only few have achieved success under this category like ATOMBERG (28 watts, 220.00 CMM), Orient ECOTECH (32 watts, 220.00 CMM).
- 35 to 50 Watt Ceiling Fans35 to 50 Watt Ceiling Fans exclude a majority of the energy star ceiling fans but include some of the most energy efficient ceiling fans in the industry, based on their motor size ran at the highest speed.Brand which falls under this category are Superfan SUPER A1 (35 watts, 220.00 CMM), Usha TECHNIX (43 watts, 210.00 CMM), Orient ENERGY STAR (48 watts, 210.00 CMM).
- 50 to 65 Watt Ceiling FansMost 5 star fans, which claim to be consuming lowest wattage falls under this category.Some well-known brands which fall under this category are Havells ES 50 (50 watts, 218.00 CMM), Crompton HS PLUS (53 watts, 218.00 CMM), EESL fans.
- 65 to 80 Watt Ceiling FansMost of the ceiling fans in India consume around 70-80 watts. As energy efficient ceiling costs more, people prefer cheap fans even though they consume more of energy.Brands under this category are Khaitan, Relaxo, Usha.
- 80 to 95 Watt Ceiling FansSome of the more common 60″ and greater ceiling fans can be found in this category. Due to the larger sized motors being ran at high speed they will typically draw 80 to 95 watts.
- 95 to 110 Watt Ceiling FansNot too many ceiling fans in the industry draw this much wattage but the ones that do are truly unique and high-end ceiling fans. It does take power to get some of these truly great ceiling fans up and running. People who do not change their fan for years too fall under this category.
Though there is a large variety of fans to choose from, one must always think of a long term solution. Atomberg fans consumes 65% less power than the ordinary ceiling fans, which means you save more on your electricity bill.
The below table will help you compare wattage consumption of India’s most energy efficient ceiling fan Atomberg with an ordinary fan.
|Speed||Atomberg Ceiling Fans||Ordinary Ceiling Fan|
|Speed 1||6 Watts||16 Watts|
|Speed 2||10 Watts||27 Watts|
|Speed 3||14 Watts||45 Watts|
|Speed 4||19 Watts||55 Watts|
|Speed 5||28 Watts||75 Watts|
If you have considered changing your lighting to save electricity, also consider changing your ceiling fans for the same. Let us all take a small step towards a greener tomorrow by saving our mother Earth today.
To know more about Atomberg fans please visit www.atomberg.com